Thursday, January 9, 2014

Trip out East: Day 8...part 1

Are you all ready for probably my favorite day of the trip?!?!?!?! :) Cause really we did some amazing stuff on Day 8! Plus by this point I was feeling better and the pink eye and allergies were mostly gone. Of course it was also sad cause it our last day with the Allies. :(
Leading up to Monday we had been planning to go Boston. Well not all of us were completely sure we wanted to go there (kinda long drive and all) and when we got up on Monday it was rainy and icky and there would have been a lot of walking around outside in the cold rain that we didn't really want to do. So Mrs. Allie suggested going to this sea port village kind of like Sturbridge that we went to on Day 4 only it was like a whaler ship. (That's how I understood it at least, ask Katy if you want to know what it really was like) well somewhere in the conversation about this place a submarine was mentioned, one that you could go into. Well being the history loving/Navy girl I am this sparked my interest. Dad thought it sounded pretty cool too, Mom had no objection and Katy and Mrs. Allie said they wanted to do what we wanted to. Soooo we packed a lunch and set off for the Navy bass where the sub was.
spreading my arms out as wide as the ship! ;)
in the museum they had this all set up and so we pretended to be running the ship. ;)
also in the museum they had a couple of those telescope things you could look out.
This is looking out of one of the telescope things
outside ON the sub! ;)
Now I will say that I was slightly disappointed because we did not get to go onto the submarine through the little hatch thing on the top, they had modified it so you now entered going down a stair case. Also we didn't get to see the bridge... Otherwise it was awesome!
I was excited about the short doors! ;) lol I'm weird.
they had these dudes all over the ship doing random stuff, these guys evidently thought there was something bad in the air... :D
Me and Katy with the nice Navy officer that was our tour guide. :)
As awesome and amazing as the sub was you'd think that'd be the day and we'd go home and be done....but nope!
Some of us...me NOT included...wanted to go to a beach while out there and that was our last day to, well it was raining cold and I didn't like the idea cause I (apparently unlike others!) remember last time we went to a beach on a cold rainy day *cough cough* Arizona 2007 *cough cough* and did not like the idea but Dad and Mrs. Allie talked to someone at the sub and found out where a beach was so we hoped into the car and started driving.... and apparently we don't know how to follow directions or something cause we couldn't find what he was talking about. However we did find a nice little beach so we stopped and enjoyed coffee or tea while freezing on a beach. YOLO?

Okay okay so I'm making it sound terrible, but really it was a lot of fun! and it actually wasn't THAT cold, not warm really but not freezing, defiantly not warm enough to go into the water but it was still fun! I wouldn't mind having more tea parties on the beach! And we got a lot of really kool pictures... so I'm having trouble deciding which ones to post!
:)
Katy looking pretty and her mom enjoying some coffee! :) 
looking out over the ocean. it might have been cold and rainy but it was still gorgeous out! I mean look at those clouds! So cool!
my sand angle! :D
we went rock climbing while there! ;)
there were TONS of shells laying around! Mom spent the hole time trying to find cool ones. 

And believe it or not the day was not over......I'd say it was just beginning but it more just ended with bang. So check back in a couple days I should have part 2 up! :) 

8 comments:

  1. I'd say you picked some great pictures for this post! as you always do :) We sure did a lot of fun stuff that day! can't wait to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks katy! yes that day was a lot of fun! even with as sad as it was. I'll try to have more up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That day does look awesome! I've never been on a submarine... I'm jealous!
    I agree with Katy, the pictures are GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was!! :) I hadn't been before that day! It was awesome!! I would be jealous of me too! Lol and I would love going on a sub again!
    Thanks! :) I could have posted so many more cause there were tons! But the post was just getting too long, that's why I spilt the day into two parts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you could have been here when we got to go on an old Russian submarine; it was a traveling exhibit we got to go to. It was really interesting.
    Payton, I hope you get to explore a submarine someday!
    Yeah I can hardly believe how much stuff we did on that day, looking back on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah you were telling us about that when we went to the Nautilus, but I still wish I could have too!!!! It sounded so cool!
    I know! Me either!! I mean Sturbridge and Nathan Hale and all that other stuff was awesome and really exciting but they were the only things we did on those days and then this day it was like all sorts of awesome stuff packed into one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops sorry!!! didn't mean to be repetitive :P
    Yep and all those days combined, man that was a LOT of stuff we did when you came out here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's okay!!! :)
    Yeah but it was awesome!!!!! :) even the stuff I haven't talked about in the posts like watching the movies together and playing trivial pursuit! :D

    ReplyDelete